Otos and cucumber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
All catfish I've had loved cucumber but it seems my Otos think they are too cool for it. They swim by it, suck on it four a second and swim away...

Odd. There's plenty of diatom algae in the tank but I don't know how long they can go on that without veggies.

They graze on the Anubia and the crypt-

Edited to delete URL incase it violates rules - you'll see them on the latest video.

Ideas?

Thanks,

QP

Ottos can be tricky to supplement. Keep trying to get them to eat other food like spiralina wafers. They will prefer the diatoms over anything else. You where warned of this in another thread.

Ok Mumma. Guess we have to wait and see!

Thanks!

Edited to change "thx" to "thanks".

I read the rules!

I'm with Mumma, you were warned. Otto's are likely the pickiest fish that I currently own. They will not swim up to just anything and chow down. If you don't have a well established tank with plenty of algae growth, the may not live very long...

I currently have 6 otos in my 17g tank (they bred) and on Some occasions they will eat ordinary fish food then other times completely ignore the algae supplements which they usually love. So I definitely concur that they can be quite picky

Back
Top Bottom