Ottos in waiting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got 2 ottos today for my betta tank at work. They are being housed in a bucket for the night, and I will rebag them and take them to work tomorrow. (oh yeah, after I took these pics I put some broccoli stalk in the bucket for them, which they are happily consuming)

Here they are in the bucket:

And here is my cat, lol, who noticed that there was something moving around in the bucket...

Don't worry, lol...she only looked for a bit and she is now sleeping on my bed.

Ugh, it's not working...gotta do it a different way...

Ah, now I can see your cat, too. What was happening to your photos?

Hope the otos do well. It got really cold here last night; hope it was warmer down there, since I think you were leaving the bucket at ambient temps...

The ottos survived the night....it was cold outside...the ac was off, and I didn't open my windows any, so they stayed as warm as possible. About 10 minutes ago, I finally released them into my tank at work, and they hit the diatom algae in less than a second! lol. I will definitly keep my eye on them though for the next couple of days.

cginflorida, the broccoli stalk is something I learned from Brianny and his wife. You nuke the stalk in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds, and then let it cool and throw it in.

"BrianNY" looks very different spelled "Brianny", doesn't it?

I, too, learned of the appeal of broccoli stems to algae eaters from Brianny. My little albino ancistrus seem to love the stuff...

"BrianNY" looks very different spelled "Brianny", doesn't it?
I thought the same thing!

I can't wait to try broccoli with my fish when I get home! I always thought it was too woody for the fishes. Learn something new everyday!

Ooh. Cool. Going for the Mongolian theme. I hope they don't take after their namesake...

They are keeping to themselves for now, lol, I don't see them conspiring...I don't think so at least.... :roll:

Yeah, you better not have any Chinese Algae Eaters in the tank. LOLOLOL. They'll take over and establish their own dynasty.

(Ghengis Khan overthrew the Sung dynasty in 1215; Kublai Khan, his grandson (or grand-nephew), took over as Chinese ruler of the new Mongol, "Yuan," dynasty in 1279). Sorry. I'm a nerd :oops: , and I studied Chinese History for a while!

Back
Top Bottom