Outdoor Tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dallascowboys16

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I've got an outdoor tub set up for outdoor spawning this summer. Im looking for fish suggestions if anyone has done anything like this. Look up unfiltered tub aquarium on google to get a picture on what I'm doing. I want something that i can get spawning at a pretty rapid rate so i can sell a good lot of them at the end of the season. the tub is a little bigger than a 40 gallon breeder. Ive been thinking endlers, or white clouds, or some kind on danio. what do you guys think? The tub will be used as a plant grow out as well so plenty of fry hiding places.

I'd say guppies or gold barbs could work.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ok guys, thanks for the suggestions. I decided to go with white clouds for a little bit of a challenge with breeding an egg-layer and the fact that the temperature drops to about 60-55 degrees at night and white clouds seemed best suited to handle that. plus, after seeing an article in Amazonas (an aquarium magazine) where I got the idea for an outdoor tropical fish tub, where the author mentioned various fish including live bearers, white clouds, and various barbs, and the author said that they used white clouds once and they ended up having 150-200 fish at the end of the summer with no interference in the breeding process. thank you everyone. ill post an update at the end of the season with the results. :thanks:

Ok guys and update on this. I decided on 12 white cloud minnows and the morning after I put them in they were spawning in the plants. Looks like I made a good call and will have a lot of white clouds by the end of the summer as they don't consume their fry. Thanks for the responses!:thanks:

Very cool. Did you get a sellers license to be able to sell them to fish stores?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah Ive got a deal worked out with my LFS and I'm going to sell that at the big aquarium action put on by the CAS this october where I'm already a vendor as I only sold plants last time. I have to say I love these white clouds. very underrated fish in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom