Overfeeders Anonymous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed every day sometime twice a day. My big tank has lot of fish that eat different things. Pellet as a staple two hand fulls for most of the fish. Market shrimp and cut fish for certain fish and live feeders for others. But the fish I feed the live feeders to there not the only ones that will grab them up. Same with the market shrimp. So I have to feed a lot to make sure the ones I want to get the food get some. I used to also give them Superworms but haven't reordered that for a while now.

I feed mine brine frozen brine shrimp every morning. I sometimes tend to overfeed so will not feed them the next day.

I sometimes feed twice a day, and sometimes I forget to feed all together for a day or two. So I guess it all evens out. I feed either newlife spectrum small fish formula or omega one tropical flakes 1-2 times a day, but very small amounts. I drop hikari algae wafers (the kind made with spirulina) in every other night and on opposite evenings I feed hikari sinking wafers for bottom feeders. I randomly feed frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp.. like maybe once or twice a week. When I remeber to buy a zuchinni I will put a slice in overnight for my bn pleco and otos. I have frozen peas in the freezer and a few times a month I will nuke a couple in the microwave in a wet paper towel for a few seconds and then shell them. I too have gotten more lazy and random with my feeding schedule, but I suppose in nature it is the same.

I just went 3 days without feeding because I was sick and my water looks so crystal clear. Lol. I felt better today and did a water change, cleaned filters, and fed them a little bit. One of my angels actually bit my arm during the water change when I reached in to replant an uprooted plant! I guess he was hungry! Then he took the flakes right out of my fingers.

A couple of weeks ago I changed my feeding habits in my Rasbora, Rummy Nose tank from twice a day to once a day.

Since making the change, I am amazed at how much the fish have grown, how much more active they are and how much their colors appear to have increased.

Not sure if it's just me or if feeding only once a day truly affects the fish in some positive capacity....

i feed twice a day, and there is never any leftovers, bloodworm twice a week beefheart twice a week, tetra prima every morning the other 3 evenings its a mix of flakes with a protein food

I admit I have probably been feeding my fish way too much for a while now. They used to be in little bitty tanks and so I could control my urge a little more. In a small tank the amount of food looks huge and they can find it easily....now in a big tank the same amount doesn't look so big and I worry they won't find it...etc.

It's silly and I need to adjust my feeding schedule a bit I admit. But I just love watching them stuff their little mouths....

What type of feeding schedule do you all have and what amount?

I used to over feed my fish.... learned from experiance so I can say been there done that

Back
Top Bottom