Overflow & 3D Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrbee2828

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a question about how I should install my 3D background in my tank. I currently have a DIY overflow built in the back of the tank. The teeth are about 3/4" from the top of the tank and the background will rest about 3" from the back of the tank to hide equipment. I'm planning on drill a 3/4" hole at the bottom of the background and installing a tube and power head to pull and circulate water behind it.

My question is what height should I install the background at for the overflow? The return will spray over it so there are no concerns there.

• Should I install it at the top and cut a portion out a3/4" and screen it t o let water behind it.
  • Should I install the whole thing 3/4" below the surface and maybe screen the gap all the way across? Will this defeat the manual filtration of the overflow in the sump if things are getting caught in the screen?
  • Should I install it below the surface and screen off the space from the back of the tank to the front so as to let debris down the overflow?
I didn't think much of this when getting everything together but now I'm ready to install this thing and I'm feeling like it's not thought out at all lol.

Back
Top Bottom