Overhaul question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
I now that finals are over I have time to clean my tanks. The past three weeks I have been so busy with school and life in general that I haven't even had time for a proper PWC. Today I need to really clean the tank, which involves vacuuming under the "furniture" as well. Do you think I should remove the fish and then get cleaning or just leave them in there and clean?

I leave mine in the tank (way too many to move anyways)

I just start at one end and move down the tank. I also leave the filter running as long as possible before turning it off when it reaches that "minimum water" time. That way it filters anything I'm stirring up while cleaning. Usually I can get the worst of it done (vacuuming under decor) before having to turn off the filter, then I can do another sweep of the tank, clean any algae spots etc.

Sweet that is what i have decided to do! thanks! i think it would be more stressful on the fish to take them out and put them in my 5gal bucket. it's a 55 so they have lots of room.

Back
Top Bottom