overhauling a 180 gallon freshwater...ideas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I've been told by numerous members to highly consider rehousing my stock immediately, and I have considered, I will be trying to get rid of all of them and start from scratch with some community fish/schooling fish/semi aggressive fish. What's a good stocking list I could have for this tank?? Something colorful.

One question is, I have a Geophagus A.(don't know how to spell it but its an earth eater), would he be okay with smaller fish?? He doesn't seem to pick on anything, just minds his own business.

Any advice would be taken into consideration!!! Thanks!!

A larger group of goes would work, along with some more peaceful cichlids, like keyholes and I believe Cupid cichlids. You can also do a couple of large tetra schools, like bleeding heart. Cories may work for the bottom, especially a large group, like 10-15.

Freakgecko91 said:
A larger group of goes would work, along with some more peaceful cichlids, like keyholes and I believe Cupid cichlids. You can also do a couple of large tetra schools, like bleeding heart. Cories may work for the bottom, especially a large group, like 10-15.

Goes? Not familiar with them, have a link? and I didn't know there was such a thing as a peaceful cichlids lol i would just love to have fish that I don't need to worry about them being picked on, or another fish eating another fish, have had those kind of fish for far too long lol

Geo, as in geophagus lol and yes, most dwarf cichlids are peaceful, and keyholes are among the most docile of all cichlids

Freakgecko91 said:
Geo, as in geophagus lol and yes, most dwarf cichlids are peaceful, and keyholes are among the most docile of all cichlids

Oh you spelled "goes" not "geos" lol well I'm gonna keep my options open as for now, still gotta rehome all the other guys first, but I will let u know when i decide, in the meantime, I'm still taking ideas in!

Lots of fish

Redtail catfish
Tiger shovelnose
Silver arowana
Sun/eclipse catfish
2 silver dollars
Jack Dempsey
Green terror
Redhead synspillum

...lol I know, weird.

imtcurveball said:
I completely agree with this but you could also consider an oscar

Nah I've had an Oscar before, I think i wanna get away from the very aggressive fish

Back
Top Bottom