Overpowered pect/pelv for goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

extremenewb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I just have a qn about my lil fatty ryukin gf. Whenever he/she seems to move his fins to "get off the blocks", he would power up his pectorals/pelvics (sorry I don't know which one it should be called for a gf) and wiggle along. However, he/she starts by tilting himself/herself so that his/her 2 sides are facing the bottom and top of the tank rather than the sides of the tank. After about a second and moving 1/3 way across my tank, he/she would straighten up and swim "normally".

I thinking maybe he/she has gas or something. Should I be worried?

Could be constipated.

Nuke a few peas in the microwave, peel off the outer coating, and feed the goldfish the mushy inside part. This is a natural laxative for them, and should make them poop some more, and clear em out. After that, if it is just gas, and not a sign of swim bladder disease, your fish should swim normally.

HTH

Sorry for the late reply. Are you still experiencing this with the comments above? I've also got a ryunkin gf and he kind of tilts, but not all the way. It may just be part of his deformed tail (sideways) and that's how he starts propelling himself. It may also be a swimbladded disease, as mentioned. Fancy gold's are notorious for picking this up. What kind of normal food do you feed?

yea actually its been a while since I fed them peas. I think I might give them a helping this weekend. hopefully just gas.

I havent given him peas yet, but fyi, I feed him JHikari Lionhead sinking pellets.

Back
Top Bottom