Overrated and underrated fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hate to be a party pooper, but what is the point here? Everyone likes different fish, there is no rating system. If hobbyists took the time to give individual species more natural conditions instead of putting asian gouramis in a tank with south american corys and the odd african butterfly fish, then they might start to appreciate the individual attributes and behaviour a little better. IMO

This is true, I've seen species or biome specific tanks that are gorgeous in their simplicity! Everything in it points towards a specific environment. I think when we say "overrated", I mean certain species that are may be "over represented" in tanks and LFS across the country, at least IMO.

Hate to be a party pooper, but what is the point here?

How about friendly chatting between aquarists? Maybe a chance to learn about some less heard of species of fish? Does all social interaction have to have a point?

For me the most overrated fish are corys.

The most underrated fish are the Aphyosemion australe. I've only seen a couple other people on this forum that have ever kept them and they are an absolutely stunning community fish.

Hate to be a party pooper, but what is the point here? Everyone likes different fish, there is no rating system. If hobbyists took the time to give individual species more natural conditions instead of putting asian gouramis in a tank with south american corys and the odd african butterfly fish, then they might start to appreciate the individual attributes and behaviour a little better. IMO
there are plenty more threads to read my friend, some people do enjoy light conversation about things they are interested in and care about..

I thought it was interesting to see what others opinions were about the fish in the hobby! Anyways All Catfish (because there are so many cool species) & Angelfish def underrated even though everyone probably has at least one they are still due more credit IMO lol... and cory cats and Rams overrated!

I thought it was interesting to see what others opinions were about the fish in the hobby! Anyways All Catfish (because there are so many cool species) & Angelfish def underrated even though everyone probably has at least one they are still due more credit IMO lol... and cory cats and Rams overrated!

I have always viewed angels as the pretentious snob of the fish world. Kinda like poodles for dogs and persians for cats.

I do like koi angels though

I have always viewed angels as the pretentious snob of the fish world. Kinda like poodles for dogs and persians for cats. I do like koi angels though
they almost have their noses stuck in the air.. Like.. "Out of way peasant"

Back
Top Bottom