Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have 3 species of corys with my RCS and they completely ignore them. Sometimes I'll see a shrimplet riding on a cory's back. It's hilarious.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think I'll get some then I've seen a deal fr 10 rcs for £14! Not seen any sold locally, my corys have taken to hiding under my filter and air stone at the moment so maybe some company will cheer them up. I don't think they liked it whn I took out the wisteria!

Old 03-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
Keep in mind that any assassin snail young would be hiding beneath the substrate. It might not be a viable option.
That's why I said to remove the adults that you can SEE, so that they can still reproduce.

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestromad View Post
I'd rather not use chemicals to kill them, I worry it would upset the balance in my tank. I may do a blackout and hopefully all the alge will disperse and my assassins will go on a spree! I only have 6 now as one of them hid on my decoration and ended up being soaked in boiling water I felt awful!

Oh yes, would shrimps help with catching any left over waste?? I'm really fancying some rcs, but not sure of they would get on with my corys??
They will eat waste, but they don't do the best job at doing so.

Who say's that you can't have more than one tank? Just get one more... just one...
phoenixkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Cut back feeding. If you have that many your feeding too much IMO. Manually remove as many as you can and cut feeding in half. You can place lettuce in the tank overnight to attract the snails.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've really cut down on my feeding lately (although it's been hard!) my routine is feed cats then fish lol. I do see my assassins every day and there are lots of empty shells for me too!

Tags
snail, snails

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com