Overrun with snails :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 3 species of corys with my RCS and they completely ignore them. Sometimes I'll see a shrimplet riding on a cory's back. It's hilarious.

I think I'll get some then I've seen a deal fr 10 rcs for £14! Not seen any sold locally, my corys have taken to hiding under my filter and air stone at the moment so maybe some company will cheer them up. I don't think they liked it whn I took out the wisteria!

I'd rather not use chemicals to kill them, I worry it would upset the balance in my tank. I may do a blackout and hopefully all the alge will disperse and my assassins will go on a spree! I only have 6 now as one of them hid on my decoration and ended up being soaked in boiling water :( I felt awful!

Oh yes, would shrimps help with catching any left over waste?? I'm really fancying some rcs, but not sure of they would get on with my corys??
They will eat waste, but they don't do the best job at doing so.

Cut back feeding. If you have that many your feeding too much IMO. Manually remove as many as you can and cut feeding in half. You can place lettuce in the tank overnight to attract the snails.

I've really cut down on my feeding lately (although it's been hard!) my routine is feed cats then fish lol. I do see my assassins every day and there are lots of empty shells for me too!

Back
Top Bottom