Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pleco11771 said:
I wish people would warn me of these things when I post before I get more tiger barbs. I asked what to do with the school of 5 and people said to get more and it'd be fine but whatever it's my fault truly I just don't know what I'm gonna do with these fish

Do you have a LFS near you? Not a chain store just a local mum (sorry mOm LOL) and pop store that can take them? Or maybe another member on here can take them for you?

Take them into the lfs. I wouldn't worry about them being with rainbow sharks. They can hold their own. Or you could put an add on craigslist. ;)

No the 2 juveniles were in the tank with the rainbows and were shot of color but after 20 mins in my tank were full of life. Sadly no I live on Long island, NY and it's scarce of m&p lfs near me

Perhaps you could visit the Astoria Fish Depot at 3729 33rd St, Long Island City, NY 11101?

This thread has been edited extensively for off topic posting, and lack of grammar and punctuation. Please keep the thread on topic, and also avoid the excessive use of netspeak or textspeak.

I have taken fish back to petsmart before and they will take them off your hands for free. They don't give any store credit like the mom and pop stores, but at least they took them.

I may be able to snag a 20 gallon long, hood, and 2 10 gallon power filters. Would this work for the tiger barbs? I wouldn't get the tank until Christmas when petco has their big sales. Anyway I would put the tiger barbs in their and maybe get a golden dojo loach for a bottom feeder if everyone agrees it's ok even though I have researched one can be kept in a 20 gallon long. As for the killi I'm not sure because with the 2 ten gallon filters that may kick up a bit of current and they don't preffer that at all.

Back
Top Bottom