overstocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would 10 red phanton tetra, 10 black tetras, 10 popondetta furcata, 2 corys and 2 otocinclus vittates be too much for a 55 gal tank. Tank is also planted with kabonda. Thanks

Seems okay considering you keep up on water changes and adequate filtration. I would suggest maybe 8 per school and increase the number of Cory's since they belong In groups of at least 6

My LFS had me get 4 Sterbai Cories, do I need to get 2 more? I have a 55g stocked with 12 Platies, 3 Oto s & a Rubber Lipped Plecoptera. Plan to get 2 Angelfish. Opinions....??

JasonMccartney, thank you that was a very good link, looks like i need two more corys. I think one of the tetras has eaten one of my

ForumRunner_20130131_235027.jpg

smaller forktail blue eye, little hard to count with all them swimming around. Will count again in the morning, hoping they will be less active.

Is it ok for me to turn off the filter to feed them then turn it back on, food falls to one spot that the tetras dont eat then the cory comes by and eats them makes my life eaiser about uneaten food.

Would 10 red phanton tetra, 10 black tetras, 10 popondetta furcata, 2 corys and 2 otocinclus vittates be too much for a 55 gal tank. Tank is also planted with kabonda. Thanks

Just beware with oto's that they don't do well in a brand new tank. They do much better if added to a tanks that's been succesfully cycled and running smoothly for 5-6 months after cycling.

Tank was not brand new, got it from someone for free :). Used the same filter and part of the water. Made sure filter stayed wet so the bactiria would not die.

Back
Top Bottom