overstocking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquabeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
am i over stocking? i have a 55 gallon freshwater tank. i have: 1 shubunkin goldfish,1 common goldfish,3 angelfish,3 silver dollars,1 weather loach,1 kissing gourami, 1 gold 3 spot gourami,1 male betta,1 upside down catfish,1 clown pleco, 1 common pleco. and before i get a gazillion comments on how my stocking choices are wrong, let me assure you that i will ignore it. ive not had any deaths..

am i over stocking? i have a 55 gallon freshwater tank. i have: 1 shubunkin goldfish,1 common goldfish,3 angelfish,3 silver dollars,1 weather loach,1 kissing gourami, 1 gold 3 spot gourami,1 male betta,1 upside down catfish,1 clown pleco, 1 common pleco. and before i get a gazillion comments on how my stocking choices are wrong, let me assure you that i will ignore it. ive not had any deaths..

The common pleco will be too big for a 55. A fully grown clown loach is pushing it too, a they get pretty large.

Other than that....see no issues. Does the loach appear lively and happy?? I've always read those NEED to be in groups.

I think the tank is overstocked. It's also got some incompatable fish. The common goldfish will get far too large for any typical home aquarium, as will the common pleco. The kissing gourami and silver dollars get quite large. I don't really think they belong in a 55g tank. 3 angels could be bad news. If you have a male and female in there, the two will pair up and potentially kill the other one. The betta may or may not be ok. That really depends on how the other fish behave with it.

hes always moving.. hes very exploritive... and with the common pleco, hes going with me when i get my 125 soon.. once i have some money i might need to rehome my shubunkin to make room for more weather loaches.

my angels are all females.. but, im going to be doing some rehoming the common goldfish and my shubunkin...

Honestly, while I don't really suggest anyone stocking silver dollars or kissing gouramis in a 55g, I think you'll most likely be ok if you do rehome the two goldfish and the pleco. It's one of those situations where it'll probably be ok, but the fish would really do much better in a bigger tank. If you're getting a 125, that would be great. You could probably add a few others in there too.

i know that eventually all ill have in the tank is the sd's and the angels.....

Really?? That's it?? No smaller pleco's or cories to go on the bottom?? Smaller dither fish like tetras?? You could stuff far more in that than a few angels and silver dollars.

i have a smaller pleco.. a clown one. my tetras are in my 29 and knowing the fact that i feed my angels feeder danios, tetras wont work, unless i move my serpaes or i do lemon tetras.. but i want just angels and sd's

columbian tetras are cool and so are congo tetras, in a 55 with those fish i think it would be awesome!

my angel fish could eat danios, neon tetras, cardinals and bloodfin ones.. i honestly wouldnt wanna risk it..

Back
Top Bottom