Overstocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Youre over stocked with 11 rummys, infact rums should be in a 20gallon ideally for swimming space adding more fish isnt a good idea. Is it because youre bored with your stocking?

The filters you mention i can believe they could probably pump 800lph for 8quid or 13bucks 2 of them is going to make your tank a whirlpool with 1600lph in a 60litre tank is alittle ridiculous IMO. 800lph only refers to how much water it is able to pump and has no real meaning on filtration capabilty of these filters, they look ok though supprisingly and would be interested in knowing about this filter actually because its thats Cheap! noise and efficientcy and if the media was interchangable with different biomedia would be awesome to know.

Last edited:
Youre over stocked with 11 rummys, infact rums should be in a 20gallon ideally for swimming space adding more fish isnt a good idea. Is it because youre bored with your stocking?

The filters you mention i can believe they could probably pump 800lph for 8quid or 13bucks 2 of them is going to make your tank a whirlpool with 1600lph in a 60litre tank is alittle ridiculous IMO. 800lph only refers to how much water it is able to pump and has no real meaning on filtration capabilty of these filters, they look ok though supprisingly and would be interested in knowing about this filter actually because its thats Cheap! noise and efficientcy and if the media was interchangable with different biomedia would be awesome to know.

Thanks for the post, I don't think I am overstocked already though. I think I am just fine bioload wise, I know they would ideally have a bigger tank but unfortunately this is the best I can give them right now. I have decided to go for 1 800lph filter and not adding anymore fish. I might change my mind along the way though, so it's not final.

Doesnt matter about your bioload. A 12" turtle could be in a 30 litre tank and it could handle the bioload, but its very cruel to keep a turtle that size in a tank that small as theres no room to swim.

Back
Top Bottom