Overstocking a 20 regular

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wuzzupghost

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm wanting some advice on if my future selection of fish would be two much for my 20 reg. I used the fish calculator from some website and it said I was fine but I want to hear from experienced keepers also.

3 guppies
5 glowlight tetra
5 neon tetra
1 German blue ram
2 mystery snails

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm wanting some advice on if my future selection of fish would be two much for my 20 reg. I used the fish calculator from some website and it said I was fine but I want to hear from experienced keepers also.

3 guppies
5 glowlight tetra
5 neon tetra
1 German blue ram
2 mystery snails

i dont see issues, careful with guppies.

I have way more then that and they all get along ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420356343.934911.jpg

Why careful with guppies I know the male to female ratio and they are slow swimmer. Anything else

Why careful with guppies I know the male to female ratio and they are slow swimmer. Anything else

If you have both male and female, they multiply faster than rabbits. Seriously, every 28 days you'll have anywhere from 5 to 50 babies per female.

Already have a plan for that I am friends with the owner of a local pets store he said he would take every guppy fry I get as soon as they are born

That ram will love the steady supply of live food:) my 20 tall is much more stocked, just stay up on wc's and maintanence and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That ram will love the steady supply of live food:) my 20 tall is much more stocked, just stay up on wc's and maintanence and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea that's another reason I wanted the guppies. Although many ppl find that cruel that's how things would go if they were in the wild. That's the only reason why guppies have so much offspring anyway.

GBRs need at least 80 F. I don't know how Neons will do at that temp over the long-term. You might be better off with a Bolivian Ram, which will tolerate mid/upper 70s and tend to be hardier in general.

I'd add one more of each tetra species, and then it looks OK to me. Personally, I'd just do 10 Neons instead of both species, but that's just my personal preference.

Don't they get bigger though so wouldn't that limit on how many I can add.

Don't they get bigger though so wouldn't that limit on how many I can add.

Yes they do get bigger. Yes that would more than likely limit the number of them you can safely add.

Back
Top Bottom