Pacu bites a baby at the zoo, zookeepers stunned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hehe, I know it's not funny but

"He said: "Everybody is shocked by it, especially when it happens to a tiny wee person"

There should be more safety measures, any fish that can crush nuts with it's teeth it's obviously dangerous. There should be barriers keeping people away from the water. It's not the fish's fault.

cdawson said:
hehe, I know it's not funny but

"He said: "Everybody is shocked by it, especially when it happens to a tiny wee person"

There should be more safety measures, any fish that can crush nuts with it's teeth it's obviously dangerous. There should be barriers keeping people away from the water. It's not the fish's fault.

i agree and disagree.

i agree that is not the fish's fault, nor is it the child's fault.

i disagree about taking more safety measures. let's face it, the general public nowadays is comprised of mostly complete dumbasses with itchy litigation fingers. the main reason i got out of retail is that i couldn't deal with the complete ineptitude of the general public on a daily basis. if somebody is dumb enough to let a "tiny wee person" do that, i don't have any sympathy for them (the parents). yes, it's probably very fascinating to an 18 month old, but what the hell was the parent doing?? a sign or something should be enough of a "safety measure" to prevent something like this from happening. it would be sad if they completely fenced off that pond because of one small accident.

oy :roll:

Agreed, it's parent fault as the baby dont know anything.

A baby goat or chicken will hurt a child too if not handle properly. They parent should take more responsible in minding the child.

Mr Burns said:
the main reason i got out of retail is that i couldn't deal with the complete ineptitude of the general public on a daily basis.
oy :roll:

I know exactly what you mean about general public, for some reason when they are at a store they forget that it is, in a certain way, a public place (in the sense that everyone can go in and out).
They let the children run wild, unattended and then when something goes wrong, of course, its everybody faults but theirs. I hate retail - I never want to work at retail again. It is horrible.

About this accident... DUH! Of course the fish would go for the fingers, I bet it looked a lot like worms (or plant roots) for them! Pacus, as far as I know, doesn't breed in captivity. Therefore, all Pacus are wild pacus, and as a wild fish, it is unpredictable. Also, often, those fish are mislabeled and are, in fact, piranhas, because they look very similar when they are young.

I **hope** this nature center or whatever it is had made extensive research to conclude that the fish they have are, in fact, pacus. 8O

i agree and disagree.

i agree that is not the fish's fault, nor is it the child's fault.

i disagree about taking more safety measures. let's face it, the general public nowadays is comprised of mostly complete dumbasses with itchy litigation fingers. the main reason i got out of retail is that i couldn't deal with the complete ineptitude of the general public on a daily basis. if somebody is dumb enough to let a "tiny wee person" do that, i don't have any sympathy for them (the parents). yes, it's probably very fascinating to an 18 month old, but what the hell was the parent doing?? a sign or something should be enough of a "safety measure" to prevent something like this from happening. it would be sad if they completely fenced off that pond because of one small accident.

OOOoooo! It burns me just thinking about it! You're absolutely right! And although I have worked at a pet store for so long, I still want to slap some parents in the face when I see their child running through the store, opening fish tank lids and throwing coins in, or reaching into the crab tank, or trying to pet the puffer... my God! The PUFFER would take their little fingers off! Parents are at fault, They need to be much more responsible.

I want to know how a public aquarium [or butterfly world?] that cares about its fish [animals] can allow people and kids to be sticking their hands in the tank without supervision. ??? :?

Back
Top Bottom