Pacu needs rehousing in NYC!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JokerWx13

Aquarium Advice Freak
My uncle owns a 55g tank and in it he has a pacu and a couple other fish. The problem is, his pacu has grown to about 20 inches and he doesn't want the tank to feel small to it so he's willing to let it go to anyone in NYC who can take really good care of it. He's grown emotionally attached to this fish and he really doesn't wanna give it to a pet store so if you or you know anyone that could rehouse this beast of a fish, let me know :)

Seriously though, do you have any fish specailty stores nearby that would take him in? These stores will give your pacu good care.

There's one in Greenwich that MAY take it. House of Fins 2036618131. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

I don't think my uncle's willing to give it to a pet store, he may check the specialized fish stores but he's afraid they'll sell it for profit. I'll try talking to him again. The fish is huge btw, it's slowing down growing vertically but it's starting to grow wider, it's almost too healthy lol. It seriously looks like it would taste amazing grilled.

I don't think my uncle's willing to give it to a pet store, he may check the specialized fish stores but he's afraid they'll sell it for profit. I'll try talking to him again. The fish is huge btw, it's slowing down growing vertically but it's starting to grow wider, it's almost too healthy lol. It seriously looks like it would taste amazing grilled.

Is there a chance that you could contact your local public aquarium and see if they will take him? They often take overgrown exotic fish. Theres a chance they'll take him.

When you say local public aquarium, you mean like the Coney Island Aquarium? That's the only public aquarium I know and it's pretty big and super well-known so idk who to talk to and set that up or if they'll even listen to small fry like me.

When you say local public aquarium, you mean like the Coney Island Aquarium? That's the only public aquarium I know and it's pretty big and super well-known so idk who to talk to and set that up or if they'll even listen to small fry like me.

Yeah, thats who i mean. If you can check out their website I'm sure you'll be able to find at least 1 phone number to call to maybe get some more info. You may be able to get in touch with the head aquarist who may be able to help you. It will take some work but they may be the only source that could possibly help you.

Alright, will do. I'll try talking to their donation department (the department I think is the one I should be talking to...) but on the off-chance that fails, if anyone would like a super healthy and enormous Pacu, let me know :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom