Painted fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a dog who's tail is docked but we got him when he was a couple months old, so :/ I'm not a fan on glofish either tho, just because they look weird. Lol
lol I understand. 2 of our dogs tails were docked before we got them. I like glofish in a certain setup but I really like natural tanks and they dont fit in there.

What's the point of getting a dogs tail docked? So they don't knock things off the coffee table? Never understood people.
The bleeding heart tetras do just have random red shapes, just always in the same spot. There apparently is a 'true' strain of bleeding hearts. Where they found blobs very similar to heart shapes, bred them, took the heart shaped ones once the fry grew up, and bred them, and so on. Throwing in other heart shaped ones every generation for different blood.
Can't remember where I read that a long time ago.

What's the point of getting a dogs tail docked? So they don't knock things off the coffee table? Never understood people.
I think it is that and they like the look.
I dont understand how somebody can lay down at night knowing they tortured a fish with a needle and ink.

Koikid88 said:

The dogs that get their tails docked are normally herding or working dogs, and their tails were docked so they didn't get damaged on the job. Also it's more hygienic for those breeds. When they get their tails bobbed or docked, their nerves normally aren't fully developed in that area so they don't feel much.

Ok! So it's been a while but I went back to the fish store today and those fish where still there! They are called TATTOOED MOLLIES! I tried to get a pic but it came out way blurry! Will post anyway so you might get an idea of what it looked like!

image-495141185.jpg

yep jst like the ones I saw. PLEASE DO NOT BUY! It is cruel what they do to those fish!

Yes do not buy. My bleeding hearts have a rather good shape to the heart I'd say..it is so cruel how they paint and dye fish. I do t even no how they can get away without posting they are painted. It's should also have to say how painful and cruel it is.

These are sold as tattoed which I can only imagine is worse.

I heard people talking about this in Petco once, saying how cool it was and boasting how it didn't even hurt the fish! As if that's possible...

And what's a shame, these fish would have been pretty just left silver. The heart is so messed up looking, it makes the poor fish very ugly looking! :(

I bought 3 fruit tetras before I knew they were dye injected. I would have never bought them had I known. Their dye has faded significantly over the past 6 months and 2 of them resemble nothing more than plain white skirts now.

We did the same thing! Bought 3 painted tetra and the blue is barely there! Def wouldn't have bought them if we knew! But those mollies are ugly- poor things!

I don't really understand why someone would want a fish that's dyed or tattoed. Half the fun of this hobby is finding a combination of fish that are compatable to each other and appealing to you. It's crazy. And takes thechallenge out of the hobby if you just make the fish into what you want. Doesn't make sense.

it really sucks because i want to buy indian glass fish but i have never seen them in the store not colored. i want to put them in my low end brackish tank but i hate to buy them because they have been colored.

Maybe if we all start to complain to management at every store where we see these fish, they will stop ordering them.

There's an idea! Like I would love some koi platy they are naturally beautiful! Could ya order those instead of the tattooed fish?!

not to hijack this thread but know what confuses me, when a store orders plain boring fish and then they order something interesting and they sell out immediately then never order them again. my petco near me just started selling GSP, F8s and DP and they cant keep them in stock.

Back
Top Bottom