Painted glass fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tamtam,

I knew something was wrong with those fish when my lfs said that they will NEVER carry those fish, as it beyond cruel to them. You can find the glassfish (not painted), and they look the same except that they don't have the streak of color down the back.

Trust me, I saw the same thing, and wanted one too, until I saw how they were dyed!

another thing bettas. the betta strater kits are like 1/2 gallon

... a lil late but 1/2 gallon isnt that bad. compared to those tiny cups. but they could do better. i have a 1 gallon bowl and its giant compared to those tiny things

dragonchild,

ive never seen the non-painted glass fish. I wish i could get a few later on. Although ive never seen them i can garentee theare proll just as beaufifulproll oe beautiful than the painted ones.

You can buy blue neons and get pretty much the same affect as a painted glassfish. Their blue stripe just seems to sparkle.

Please realise that while well-intentioned, online petitions have ne weight...only petitions that bear actual signatures are worth anything. What you can do, however, is let your local shops know how you feel (possibly even present them with a hardcopy petition), and request that they no longer stock these fish.

Also just so you know, there are no laws protecting fish. I guess this is mainly because they are a food source. If a person kills a cat, it's considered animal cruelty, however, if the same person takes say a full grown Oscar and lets it die in the sun, nothing will be done to that person.

Back
Top Bottom