Painted my background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mccullough5633

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Painted it black today and makes a huge difference. Im Able to see the fish a lot better and easier to spot. The light reflects of the background to make it a lot brighter. The plants stand out better and hides all the wires and tubes that you used to see. The picture doesn't do it justice compared to person. Ive put a picture before and after :)

BeforeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409510459.989606.jpg
After ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409510498.502707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Black Acrylic paint :) only used a small amount and easy to brush on.only took 2 coats no longer than a 10 min job :)

I kinda want to paint mine but I wouldn't be able to because my tank has fish already in it.

You paint the outside i was able to get behind my tank with my fish and water already in it so if you are able to do this id say go for it :)

Acrylic paint is supposed to be non-toxic, but most of the DIY videos I've seen on YouTube for painting with fish in the tank suggests 1) lowering the water line, and 2) covering the top of the tank with something as added precautions. The first one might just be to make it easier to schooch the tank out a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom