Painting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pongeer247

Aquarium Advice Freak
Pairing our daughters bedroom and needed to move tank away from wall a little. I drained tank water halfway and took HOB filter off tank and am running filter in bucket with old tank water. I have a bubbler in the tank. My question is, is the filter and fish going to be ok like this for a day or two?

Attachments

• image-511388288.jpg
    image-511388288.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2330339889.jpg
    image-2330339889.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 62
Pairing our daughters bedroom and needed to move tank away from wall a little. I drained tank water halfway and took HOB filter off tank and am running filter in bucket with old tank water. I have a bubbler in the tank. My question is, is the filter and fish going to be ok like this for a day or two?
I would cover the top of the tank with something non porous, like a piece of plastic, even cling film. Then cover the whole tank with a large towel/cloth. Keep the windows open, if possible. I done this a while back and removed the cloth and plastic the next day. No problems....

Sorry!!. Just noticed you have a lid(I've none on mine). Any openings on the lid need to be covered....

Sweet thanks! I will get some plastic over the openings. Will my filter cartridge be ok as long as I have it running in the bucket? I dot want to lose any bacteria

The filter will be fine. Say you paint the room, in the morning, if you keep the windows open, by that evening, you could put the filter back. If possible, use some low odour paint....

Finished painting. Tank is back together and fish are happy for now. Will be doing water test tomorrow morning to make sure nothing goes wrong through out the night.

Thanks for the reassurance and advice!!

Back
Top Bottom