Painting a room with an aquarium in it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malonbl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone done this without causing problems in the tank? I have an open top but could obviously put a cover on it temporarily. Could run fans and open the window. Could cover the tank with cling wrap for a brief period.

Any other ideas or tips; or is this just a sure recipe for problems?

I had to drain mine down about halfway so I could move it away from the wall for paint. They didn't seem to mine. I didn't cover it any more than the regular canopy covers it. I probably put a drop cloth on it, I can't remember.

If your spraying, you may have to do some more protection work, but for brushes as rollers I don't think you'll have to worry.

I've done this many a time. If the tanks agains the wall you will have to drain enough water to move it away. Otherwise you should be fine, unless you're doing as the previous poster stated and spraying. I wouldn't do ceran wrap but that's just my opinion. Drop cloths would work. I hve an open top tank and my rollers didn't have an issue.

Thanks for the responses. I was hoping that this was the case. I will just be rolling the walls. I was just concerned that the strong odor may somehow transfer toxins into the water.

Back
Top Bottom