Pair of 55 gallon amazon & asian community tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmg05005

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I finally bought a pair of 55 gallon tanks and want to do communities in each

55 gallon Amazon community tank:
12 neon tetra
10 x-ray tetra
6 leopard cories
6 otos
2 german blue rams
2 bolivian rams
plants: dwarf hairgrass, willow moss, brazilian pennywort, elodea, western milfoil, ozelot amazon sword, tape grass, hornwort, amazon frogbit

55 gallon Asian community tank:
12 harlequin rasbora
6 cherry barbs
6 kuhli loaches
3 pearl gourami
3 dwarf gourami
3 sparkling gourami
all gouramis will be in 1 male & 2 female ratios
plants: dwarf hairgrass, java moss, brown/green/and undulated crypts, windelov's fern, java fern, dwarf hygrophila, wisteria, hornwort

I know the rams in the one tank and the gourami in the other tank might fight with each other, but I'm hoping the tanks will be large enough where it won't be an issue.

Any thoughts on either tank?

Thanks

Those look like two very well thought out tanks to me.
Personally, I would have a pair of each gourami in the asian set up. The plants will give plenty ofbidkng places, should the dwarf gourami get aggressive with his female, but pearls are non aggressive in my experience. You would have a little.more room too for, perhaps, some more corydoras? My favourites, hehe.

Maybe up the kuli loaches up to 10 or twelve as they are extremley shy in small numbers. Also maybe substitute neon tetras for cardnial tetras who seem slightly hardier. Also instead of x ray tetras maybe do one of the bigger body tetras to get some contrast like red eye tetras or lemon tetras or bleeding heart tetras.

Back
Top Bottom