pale guppy/ sick????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbheternal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
one of my 30 plus guppies has gone pale in colour and is not moving around much he is resting on the cathedral near the top . what might be wrong i checked the levels yesterday, no issues

how large is the tank? what are your exact ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels....have you added anything new to the tank recently or changed anything. How long has the tank been established as well?

ph = 6.8 ammonia is 0 ppm. nitrite is 0 ppm. nitrate is 1.0ppm 20 gallon tank. 1 pleco. 1 albino Cory cat fish. 30+ guppies. different ages. some are new born fry. tank is a year old.

Attachments

• image-1048178629.jpg
    image-1048178629.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 175
Well for one thing, the tank is way way overstocked. That's way to many fish for a 20 gallon tank. Are you sure nitrate is 1.0ppm.....with there being that many fish that seems highly unlikely.

I do a 20% PWC once a week. the only thing I have a problem with is the Ph. it drops to about 6.0 other than that everything has always been great. same ph issue in my 6g. I have ample filtration on both tanks. and I do agree on the over stocking. I plan to set up my 60g soon. but I'm hopefully moving. so I wanna wait. I keep my temps at 80f. I was told. that at that temp they would be brighter. more active. but live a shorter life. could this be the problem.? is he expiring.? every one else in the tank looks happy and busy.

if you have another tank i would move him immediately is he newly added? id move him to the new tank in order to help him gett better/ not infect an other of the tank mates

Back
Top Bottom