panda corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miran3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
Been thinking about adding some to our tank. Has there been lots of luck with these cute little guys? Were other fish good with them( ie, weren't their lunch). Long life? Anything input would be great

I love my panda corys. They have been hit and miss though and I've lost alot. I would just advise to be very careful when buying and make sure they look good. My best buy has been from a private breeder online.
Good luck cos they are crazy fish!

Panda Corydoras

Been thinking about adding some to our tank. Has there been lots of luck with these cute little guys? Were other fish good with them( ie, weren't their lunch). Long life? Anything input would be great

Hello m...

Corydoras are peaceful fish and live a long time in pure water conditions. My Pandas have stayed small and have never bothered my "Livebearers".

I don't buy fish from the chain pet stores. Those I've seen aren't heathy. Your best bet would be find a good dealer on line or locate a small, "mom and pop" place that has them, that's what I do. The fish are of a much better quality.

Pure, stable water conditions are best for any tropical fish. I remove and replace at least half the water in my tanks every week, so no pollutants can build up and hurt the fish.

B

Pandas r my favorite cory too. I agree that water conditions need to be above average with this fish and acquiring good, strong stock is equally important. They seem to do better in larger schools rather than just 4 or 5. I think diet is really important as well. They luv fresh or frozen bloodworms, blackworms, brineshrimp and crumbled up ocean krill.
BTW excellent choice.

Pandas r my favorite cory too. I agree that water conditions need to be above average with this fish and acquiring good, strong stock is equally important. They seem to do better in larger schools rather than just 4 or 5. I think diet is really important as well. They luv fresh or frozen bloodworms, blackworms, brineshrimp and crumbled up ocean krill.
BTW excellent choice.

We're thinking of doing a community tank, any fish that these guys don't get along with? We're slowly building up the stock, right now we have a few Siamese algae eaters, pleco, Raphael catfish and a few loaches

just don't add any chinese algae eaters... they will attack the cory's, they will try to eat the slime coat on the cory's.... i have had to rehome a CAE just the other day because it would not leave my Cory's alone, would chase them constantly.

Last edited:
I love my panda corys. They have been hit and miss though and I've lost alot. I would just advise to be very careful when buying and make sure they look good. My best buy has been from a private breeder online.
Good luck cos they are crazy fish!

I'm with this guy. Wonderful little buggers but I went from 6 down to 1 in around two weeks. Luckily the survivor hangs around with the other cories at night so he should hopefully survive.

I'd check your tank for nitrates pre-Pandas, anything above 20 and I'd look elsewhere to be honest.

Thanks cynic (I am a gal though) lol!! Pandas are def worth it but you have to dig through the bad times :-(

CRUSHER said:
just don't add any chinese algae eaters... they will attack the cory's, they will try to eat the slime coat on the cory's.... i have had to rehome a CAE just the other day because it would not leave my Cory's alone, would chase them constantly.

Siamese get along tho?

Cynic said:
I'm with this guy. Wonderful little buggers but I went from 6 down to 1 in around two weeks. Luckily the survivor hangs around with the other cories at night so he should hopefully survive.

I'd check your tank for nitrates pre-Pandas, anything above 20 and I'd look elsewhere to be honest.

Ok thanks for the tip there

Back
Top Bottom