Panda corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
So far I have tried to feed my 4 pandas sinking pellets algae wafer and cucumber. None of which they would eat. What else should I try. Also is there anything I can feed my pandas that the other fish won't eat?

So far I have tried to feed my 4 pandas sinking pellets algae wafer and cucumber. None of which they would eat. What else should I try. Also is there anything I can feed my pandas that the other fish won't eat?

Algae wafers can be good.

Have you tried shrimp pellets? I have Serbai's and they go crazy for those.

How long have they been in your tank?

1-2 times a week I drop a freeze dried brine shrimp cube into the tank. It is a bit more food than the other fish will eat, but the cories eat on the extras that sink.

Tablet food, which is basically flake compressed into a sinking tablet, are ideal, combined with just about any food you feed your other fish. At least with the tablets, you know it is within easy reach for your corys

If they are new to your tank it may take a few days for them to adjust to their new home before they will eat. My yoyo loaches did the same thing and I was worried too, but after they settled in they eat like pigs.

I throw algae wafers in which they eat after they've broken down, my plec on the other hand tried to eat them whole...

Feeding Corydoras

Hello Cal...

My Corys eat a variety. Mostly, they like frozen foods. I feed plankton, bloodworms, brine and mysis shrimp and beef heart. I feed a little freeze dried tubifex worms and some minced garlic. I don't feed much flaked, it typically has additives. If I don't know what's in the fish food, I don't use it.

B

Thanks for all replies. The problem I have is that the other fish are so greedy that the swarm round things like wafers etc and the corys then keep a wide berth.

The compressed flakes seem like a good idea. Just don't want to have to keep putting food in until they eat that might effect the water quality.

They've been in a week or so so could just be getting used to it. I'll defo keep all these suggestions in mind though.

They aren't vegetarian. They need mostly meaty foods.

Shrimp Pellets
Frozen or live worms/shrimp are best.
They'll eat flakes as well.

Feed after dark or provide caves and target feed using a turkey baster.

Back
Top Bottom