Panda Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smjmcomic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up 4 Panda's the other day I don't know what it is about them but I cant keep my eyes off them. they just about the coolest little things I have ever seen. The only word that comes to mind is cute this coming from a guy who never throws that word around says alot. :lol:

Does anybody have any Panda storys?

I love panda cories. Pandas & albinos......but these are the only types I have owned so I'm thinking there is a very good chance that I would love all the types of corydoras if given a chance to own them. They are such active cutie patootie buggers.

On a side note, while visiting petstores this weekend I saw some huge and I mean humungus corys! I've never seen any that were as big as these ones. They looked like corys on steroids! Even my albinos that I have had for four years are probably just under 3 inches. These guys were around 5 inches 8O

Most of the giants you see are not actually Corydoras but Brochis species, but the differences are minimal (longer dorsal fin, longer face, etc.)

i would love a panda
- however, i'm ONLY going to buy from a reliable/high-quality LFS.

they are very expensive - I can buy 5 bronze/albino for 1 panda.
and considering panda cories are less hardy - the bronze/albino cories would be the safer and cheaper choice

...hmmm that's interesting. Around here pandas cost apx the same as the other available corys.

I just bought 6 Panda cories at $6.99 each. Not cheap by any means, but it's what I wanted. Plus the lfs that I purchased them from keeps their tanks in perfect condition. The staff in knowledgable and they are great to talk to.

Pandas are sooooo cute. They are my favorite of all cories. Mine like to bolt to the top of the tank, then down to the rock structures and sit on them. :D They look like sun bathers on the beach sitting on the rocks.

My cories are my favorite fish to watch. I love them too because on the weekends when I'm up later, they become very active just as the other fish are slowing down for the night. They're the coolest fish, I never expected them to be as fun towa tch as they are. They'll swim just along the top, kind of "skimming" the top and make a wave across the tank. They're awesome fish. I've owned green cories, albino cories, and now I have some kind of spotted cories, I've loved them all.

My cories do that dashing to the water surface thingo. I found out from somewhere that this is because they are labrynth fish?

i dont think so... my corys do it to, my otos and plecos do it from time to time too... i think it has something about like having the right amount of air in their stomachs so they can keep their balance? i think i heard that somewhere

yea, I think I read that they're labrynth fish too. I love my cories. I have a mixed clan of 3. One peppered, one skunk, and one emerald. They are always following each other. So cute. I was thinking about adding a panda cory to my tank.

6.99 is a lot, in my opinion. actually, one of the stores here has panda cories for around 3.50.

It is alot, but it's the only place that I could find them. There was a thread about a month about about cories possessing the labyrinth organ. They do not have it, but they have something similar. Toirtis pointed it out that they swim to the top of the water, take a gulp of air, then fart it out. Sounds funny, but they do it.

Lol! Oh yea. That's where I was reading something about it. I remember the whole farting discussion. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom