Panda garras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone owned them? I really like theese guys, anyone got some info? Could they go in a 37 gallon with apistos, rams, rumynose, and Cory's?

Rummy nose and cories definetly, and as long as the rams and apistos behave they should be fine. They are incredibly peaceful

How much is probly gonna depend on region, I payed $11.00 each for mine.

They are great fish, though IME they can get a little testy with each other. I had two that were constantly circlin' each other and flarin' their fins, so removed one of them. The other two now get along fine. 'Spect I may have two males and a female, and the two male were displayin' for the female's attention, but I can't find any definite info. They actually do a fair job of grazin' algae, as well.

WYite

Ok, so what does everyone think of this stocking for a 37 gallon tank?
2 panda garras
4 Cory cats
6 rumynose tetras
1 German blue ram
1 apistogramma agassazi blue
2 pearl gouramis
5 fancy guppies
10 neon tetras
1 angelfish
So here's what I will be willing to do
Add 1 panda garra if need more
Take out the neons if they will be eaten by the angel
Get 1 dwarf gourami instead of 2 pearl
Take the guppies out if they wil be eaten
So what does anyone suggust? And if I got all the fish, them added a baby angel, would it be alright cuz it grows up with the neons?
And will the angel eat the neons and or guppies?
And are panda garras good algea eaters?

Its going to be iffy. There is a chance your angel could turn on its tankmates. But getting the angel last and having it be young is your best chance of an OK outcome. Really it depends on the fish though some are much nicer than others.

I would actually really keep an eye out for the guppies with the angel. The bright colors n fancy fins mouth attract trouble n guppies don't move as quickly as neons either.

I would shy away from endlers. The second part if not putting guppies in with angels I didn't mention. They swim at top levels of the tank do they would always be in eye shot of the angels. I have a pair of angels I keep with smaller fish including several killifish, they do just fine with everybody but I would never dream of adding my pair of clown killies to that tsnk(although that was the original plan) because they only swim at the top while the other killies I have stay at the bottom. I would go with the rasboras, they are also more colorful than the endlers and you won't end up with 900 baby endlers:)

[ya just an idea, I'll go back to what I thought to start
2 panda garras or 1 bnp
4 Cory cats
8 rumynose tetras
1 German blue ram
1 apistogramma agassazi blue
1 dwarf gourami?
6 harqualin rasboras
10-16 neon tetras
1 angelfish
Is there a chance for 1 swordtail?

Back