Pandas Becoming Extinct

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropical-fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few weeks ago I decided to add 6 Panda Corys to my 260 litre tank. All seemed to go well at first and the Pandas were full of life and schooling together. After a while i started seeing less and less of the Pandas and noticed that they were looking unhappy hidden away alone or in twos in the plants and drift wood.

1 died within the first few days. When i found a second body i suspected that the water quality could be the cause. so i did a quick test (ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5). all looked ok but did a 30% pwc anyway. Another one died about two days after the pwc. I now have only 2 left out of the original 6. All of my other fish seem healthy (10 x zebra danio, 3 x rams, 6 x neon tetra, 5 x guppy, 4 x oto)

Today i noticed a Panda with a shredded tail being chased by an Oto which was sucking frantically at its side.

Could this small Oto be the cause of the dead Pandas?

I doubt the oto could have done anything, but maybe you just have one that is agressive. i suspect the rams as well, any dwarf cichlid tends to be agressive to cories, with the exception of mine, it only gets competitive at feeding time.

i suspect the rams as well, any dwarf cichlid tends to be agressive to cories

one of the rams is a bit on the agressive side but i've only seen him chasing the other rams if they step into his garden. he tends to leave the other fish alone. i'll have to keep a close eye on him. thanks

Back
Top Bottom