Panicing a little... T-5 Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I've been saving up for a T-5 light fixture for a few weeks, put away a few dollars here and a few dollars there. Ive had my eye on one at work, and I'll be able to get a *really* good deal on it come Christmas because of the employee appreciation thing...

pPETS-9616186t400.jpg

I'll be getting it for around $55 instead of $80. I've had this plan for MONTHS...

And now Im starting to worry that I should get a T-5 HO instead. They are just so much more expensive and Im having to budget out everything as it is.

I am doing live plants, but they are going to be Jungle Vals, Italian Vals, Rotala, Java Fern, Wisteria, and Dwarf Sag. I should be okay with just the regular T-5, right?

A T5NO will work, but I'd just get an HO fixture. Bulbs aren't nearly as available for NO as they are for HO... and if you ever do decide to up the ante, NO probably won't get you there. fishneedit.com has some really good fixtures for really good prices. I use them and recommend them to anyone. Not just for those on a budget, I've got Current Nova Extremes and I like the fishneedit fixtures just as much, if not more.

Back
Top Bottom