Parameters are going crazy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am 2 weeks in to my first fishless cycle on my 20 long and i just tested and here are my results...

image-2433530637.jpg

image-3058047458.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic but here are what it reads-
Ammonia- 0-.25
Nitrite- off the charts
Nitrate- 160+

I overdosed amonnia 5ml on friday so i decided to leave the tank, what should i do

Should i do a wc?

Last edited by a moderator:
You overdosed ammonia and it looks like your new tank handled it pretty well! Yes, I would do a big wc to drop both nitrite and nitrate as low as possible. Add 1ppm of ammonia (and no more) and lets see how things look in 24hrs! If you have all zeroes, then you can gradually increase the dose by .5ppm each day until your tank easily processes 4ppm in 24hrs. :)

You overdosed ammonia and it looks like your new tank handled it pretty well! Yes, I would do a big wc to drop both nitrite and nitrate as low as possible. Add 1ppm of ammonia (and no more) and lets see how things look in 24hrs! If you have all zeroes, then you can gradually increase the dose by .5ppm each day until your tank easily processes 4ppm in 24hrs. :)
All and all it looks great do what JLK said and you'll be great :dance:

Nope not at all. IMO it looks like your cycle is coming along beautifully! Yes get that water change asap so it doesn't stall. But at the rate your going it will be done soon!

Nope not at all. IMO it looks like your cycle is coming along beautifully! Yes get that water change asap so it doesn't stall. But at the rate your going it will be done soon!

Alright will do, how many gallons? And should i keep adding ammonia?

Back
Top Bottom