Parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tankdude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I currently have a 3.5 gallon tank with a twin tail half moon Betta and a 20 gallon tank. I would like something bigger but my parents simply won’t let me. Any advice? Thanks

You are lucky. My first was a bowl that had a metallic coloured lovely betta in it. I didn't know much about fish-keeping then. I asked my parents to buy a bigger tank and they refused saying that space was an issue. This past February, we moved to a new, bigger house and they didn't have a reason to deny me a tank now. Got myself a 50 gal tank!

But that's my story.

If space is an issue, what I've done with my son's tank is find a larger tank with the same, or nearly same footprint. He's going from a 10g to a 20g because it's only a couple inches difference. If you can't go out, go up. Petco is currently having the dollar per gallon sale so, that could make things cheaper. I guess we'd need to know the reason they're saying no to the larger tank.

Back
Top Bottom