Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2019, 01:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Parrot fish with African cichlids? Possible?

Is it ok to keep parrots with African cichlids? Who will be the dominating one and may bully others?*

I was thinking to keep a couple of African cichlids with like three large parrots. By large I mean large like little less than size of a hand. Its a 100 gallon tank. 150 cm length, 55 cm height and 45 cm width. It has woods layout inside only.*

Please advise if this combination works and if the size is enough for what I am planning.

Thanks

Old 09-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Although possible, Its really not a good idea to mix other species of fish with African Cichlids. Blood Parrots might coexist with some of the larger Haps & Peacocks. Mbuna would likely pick the BP's apart.

Old 09-12-2019, 04:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post
Although possible, Its really not a good idea to mix other species of fish with African Cichlids. Blood Parrots might coexist with some of the larger Haps & Peacocks. Mbuna would likely pick the BP's apart.
Thanks, yes I ll definitely be keeping Mbunas. What if the parrots are larger. I mean so big than the mbunas?
Old 09-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Be sure to research your Mbuna choices before you buy. Some are extremely aggessive and have the ability to strip the fins off of bigger, slower New World Cichlids.

Tags
african, african cichlid, african cichlids, cichlid, cichlids, fish, ich, parrot, parrot fish, rot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com