Partial water change query

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsoyer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I am moving from a 10gal tank to a new 75gal tank.
With 10gal tank, water changes was easy as only 2 or 3 buckets was enough to do a 30% water change.
Now, if i continue with the same buckets i will need 20-30 of them for the big tank.
If i buy bigger buckets it would be hard to move them after filling the water .

How do you guys overcome this?
Is it ok if i directly put the water into the tank ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm by no means an expert like most here, but I do it directly from the faucet and then immediately treat with Prime. There's no way I could do a 25 or 50% water change with buckets every week. I just use the 50ft Python water changer and an adapter from Home Depot for my specific faucet

I'm by no means an expert like most here, but I do it directly from the faucet and then immediately treat with Prime. There's no way I could do a 25 or 50% water change with buckets every week. I just use the 50ft Python water changer and an adapter from Home Depot for my specific faucet
That is how I do my 75 gallon as well, except make sure if you have very sensitive fish, to dose prime BEFORE adding the new water (and dose for the entire volume of the tank, not just the amount you are changing). Of course, temp match it as best you can.

^^^This! The Python is a back saver for sure! I also treat for entire volume as I start re-filling tank.

Thanks to everyone, i know what to do now.cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom