Partition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well your Angels are your mid and focus of tank, if it were me I'd get 2 more Cory's to add to the ones you have. They enjoy numbers and you will get more activity from them by adding a few more. I don't have Angels, but if I did I would add a school for the top of tank. That way you have every part of the tank covered with the least amount of aggression.

You've got a few options suggested, so I recommend plugging your stocking levels into AqAdvisor.com so you can play around with numbers and additions to see what might fit together. Don't take the calculator's word on it though, make sure you do your research on personality and water parameter compatibility beyond making sure you have enough bioload space :)

Thanks Coro, 2 going back tomorrow.........umph!! I was thinking of a red tail black shark?? what do you think, they are compatible

Red Tail Black Sharks are territorial and can be fussy in 50g tanks with other bottom dwellers. Since you already have cories you may run into issues once the shark reaches maturity and starts staking out it's territory. Especially without much cover in your tank, my guess is it wouldn't mix well.

I would target something that swims in the upper regions of the tank since you have that tall tank.

Did some more research (like I said I don't have Angels). Almost every article I read listed tetras and Cories as the best options. Just be careful not to get fin nipping tetras and don't go too small or they will be eaten by the Angels. (Basically stay away from neons). They listed Black Skirt tetras quite a bit, quick non aggressive tetras and usually don't bite fins of the Angels.

Ok, thanks all for your help, I am not happy but Fish must come first, I must do this before I go away........

Update....... took the pair of angels back as one of the others looked ragged, being fin nipped, I got 2 beautiful rams, 2 fabulous Synodontis Multipunctatus cat fish small, only grow about 5," 2 more peppered cory to go with the other 3, tranquillity has returned to the tank, the other 2 angels are out loving the tank, Have I made the right choice...........

Love rams and they do get along with angels. Adding Cories was good as well. The catfish I'm not sure about, don't think they will cause trouble but that's a lot of bottom activity now.

Thanks Coro, I love rams, the catfish are fab, I may need a blue night light as they spend a lot of time in caves or a small piece of tube, it's great to see the other 2 angels enjoying the tank now..........

Good choices :)

You'll see more activity out of your cories if you add a lot more shelter in the form of driftwood, caves, etc. From your picture earlier it didn't look like there were many places a cory could take shelter inside. It's counter intuitive, but having hidey holes easily accessible makes them more bold about coming out and playing. The rams will appreciate hidey holes as well.

Thanks Luan, yes I must get some, the catfish were in 4" black pipes at the LFS, they have found a cave round by the tree, I expect the rams to come a bit higher when they settle in, all is at peace now.........

Back
Top Bottom