Pea puffer in 1 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James G

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I recently looked at my 1 gallon planted MTS tank and decided that I wanted some type of fish. I've always liked puffers but they would either be too big, too expensive, rare, or need brackish water my LFS has recently gotten in a ton of pea puffers at least 3 tanks full! and I'm wondering if I can have one I'm my 1 gallon it has a filter and some plants: Anubias and rotala is it possible?.

Oh okay thanks is there any fish that can go in a 1 gallon? or maybe if its possible Cherry shrimp? if so how many?

I was once told 10 per gallon but that was for larger tanks than yours so maybe 6 but thats a *guess* NOT a recommendation

With a tank that small it’s going to be very hard to keep the water parameters stable. A snail will tolerate this better than a shrimp.

Some snails are awesome [emoji41] IMG_1245.jpg

If you want a snail I will mail you a red/pink ramshorn for free if you promise not to put anything else in the tank. Lol

Seeing as 2.5g is the smallest tank you can have that holds a cycle, I couldn’t dream of housing a predatory fish who is a messy eater in such a small tank.

Zero chance that works out long term.

Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom