pea puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have ordered pea puffers from lfs. They are not here yet but I wanted to get some advice for care and feeding. They will be housed species only in a 20 gal tall with heater, 30 gal penguin biowheel filter, all natural rock some live plants, some fake plants all plants will eventually be live.
I have learned a lot from this forum for my other fish but I haven't seen much about the little puffers on here, I have researched them but wanted some advice on feeding and general care. Tank recommendations if any, all help appreciated.
I plan on adding more rock work for caves and lots more plants before my little guys get here, and the fish that are in the tank now will be re homed
ForumRunner_20120626_065622.jpg

Pea puffers will eat brine shrimp or daphnia. Over time, you can wean them onto frozen food. The rule is one puffer per 5 gallons. Do not keep these fish with long finned companions. Provide hiding areas like anubias or crypts.

The fish that are in the tank pictured above are gonna be moved out of the tank before puffers are added, this will be a species only for my little puffers. Thanks for the plant ideas I was wondering what kind of plants I could add with them as there will be a lot more plants added.
Thank you

You can add any plant that will grow with your lights. Also consider if the particular plant need co2 or not. You will need plenty of cover since your tank is tall with a small footprint.

Back
Top Bottom