Peaceful small bottom feeding fish advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to know what bottom feeder fish can i keep who is not very skittish. Tank is too small for plecos. Amanos i can't keep because i don't have a lid on my tank and amanos are escape artists. I put a few corydoras but they disturbed my plants. Some of the monte carlo they teared from the rocks so please suggest a peaceful bottom feeder. Thanks.

Khulis don't seem to dig to much in gravel type substrate or disturb plants. Even sand they sift around but don't really disturb it. Give them something to hide in or under seems to help with the digging behavior. I love the look of clown loaches but have never actually kept them so I don't know if they dig or not. This is from my experience and not the standard by any means.

Khulis don't seem to dig to much in gravel type substrate or disturb plants. Even sand they sift around but don't really disturb it. Give them something to hide in or under seems to help with the digging behavior. I love the look of clown loaches but have never actually kept them so I don't know if they dig or not. This is from my experience and not the standard by any means.
Thanks. Unfortunately i never seen khuli loach here ever. Aren't clown loaches are like corydoras? I mean always disturbing plants? By disturbing i don't mean they try to eat or tear on purpose. Just there continues movement does that.

pygmy cory cats will have a hard time disturbing plants.

Oto cats aren't really bottom feeders, but the are cool in groups.

Amano shrimp can't crawl out of a tank with no lid only, they need some sort of "ramp" to get out. HOB filters and plants coming out of the water are good ways to allow them out, but it's easy to "escape proof" a tank.

Nerite snails, mystery snails and rabbit snails etc. etc.

I have horse face loaches and they really disturb the sub as I have fine sand they dig underneath it I have 4 of them and they do a great job on keeping the sand very clean great fish and really cool to watch.

I have horse face loaches and they really disturb the sub as I have fine sand they dig underneath it I have 4 of them and they do a great job on keeping the sand very clean great fish and really cool to watch.
Thanks dear.
pygmy cory cats will have a hard time disturbing plants.

Oto cats aren't really bottom feeders, but the are cool in groups.

Amano shrimp can't crawl out of a tank with no lid only, they need some sort of "ramp" to get out. HOB filters and plants coming out of the water are good ways to allow them out, but it's easy to "escape proof" a tank.

Nerite snails, mystery snails and rabbit snails etc. etc.
I have 3 zebra nerites and they are amazing algae cleaners. So far they are only interested in algar which is obvious as it is there first priority. Don't know about rabbit snails. Will check them.

But any fish also you can suggest?

there are dwarf plecos for one. Cory cats are a good option for a small tank

Thanks dear.I have 3 zebra nerites and they are amazing algae cleaners. So far they are only interested in algar which is obvious as it is there first priority. Don't know about rabbit snails. Will check them.

But any fish also you can suggest?

Pygmy cory cats
Corydoras habrosus

both of these stay small and shouldn't disturb plants.

Celestial pearl danios are beautiful and stay in the lower ares of the tank, always swimming among the plants.
Emerald rasbora as well. check them out.

I triple the recommendations for cories. Peaceful, chill, fun to watch and they'll nom up anything that hits the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom