Peacock eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ROXIE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For almost 2 weeks now my eel is just staying in one place, he will move every now and then but that's it. I was just wondering if he has eaten too many Platty fry at once, my female had the fry and I never even got a chance to see a single one, I knew she was ready to have them had been watching her closely. any advice on this?

What are the water parameters?
If the eel really ate too many fry, they shoudl have passed through his system by now.

Menagerie said:
What are the water parameters?
If the eel really ate too many fry, they shoudl have passed through his system by now.

Agreed, although he may not be particularly peckish for another couple of days.

My Peacock eels go thru phases, one week they will be out all the time, eating out of my hands and playing in the plants. and then poof... nothing for days... I was at one point moving around rocks and plants searching for them thinking that maybe something had happened... then they are back playing in the air bubbles and eating like horses... Who knows... :roll:

Well my peacock died, I was really bummed, are these eels hard to keep? I was feeding him bloodworms and regular worms chopped up, but this was real sudden for him to stop eating and I checked the water and everything was ok. also there were no marks on his body as far as being attacked.

Back
Top Bottom