Peacock eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jramatized

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a peacock eel and I was wondering whats something that they will really eat>? I have tried frozen brine shrimp cubes, tubifix worms(they wont stick or sink like they should) dried brine shrimp(small) and I now have a small ghost shrimp n there to see if itll eat it. I heard they only feed at night, and I have seen him eat(I think) he sticks his nose in the thawed brine shrimp, but the thing is that the other fish eat the frozen brine..

I have had Peacock Eels for quite some time now and have found feeding them to be very difficult. They won't eat every day, maybce once every three days or so. What I did was took a neon pink rock (Its all I had available) and used a rubber band (the kind that comes attached to new fish bags) to attach a chuck on frozen brine shrimp to the rock. The brine shrimp should be larger than the rock. I then sunk it to the bottom of the tank about 2 hours after lights out. Turn off all the lights in the room (except maybe a tv or something small) where you have the tank for about 2 hours before bed time. Leave the room or sit still watching. They should begin to eat. You must do this AFTER feeding all of the other fish and place the shrimp right in front of them. Also, they will eat left over's from the other fish. When they get hungry enough, the will come out.

Other things can be fed such as Toirtis had suggested. Good luck!

Hmmm...mine 3 eat quite readily (as do the 3 M. pancalus they share the tank with)...despite the other fish...but then, I also feed when the lights are dimmed, just before lights-out each evening.

Back
Top Bottom