Peacock Eel Owners!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's mine, he's a striped one. Got him 2 days ago. He's about 5"-6". Haven't seen him eat yet. What do you guys feed your peacock eels?

image-2100683673.jpg

Squall said:
Here's mine, he's a striped one. Got him 2 days ago. He's about 5"-6". Haven't seen him eat yet. What do you guys feed your peacock eels?

Frozen Blood worms, and sinking baby chiclid pellets!

FreshwaterTropical said:
Yeah it's what my LFS recommended, my eel loves them!

Could i get a brandorlink?imvery interested, as i only feed bloodworms 2x a week, and thats when he eats (the whole cube practically)

Gboy66 said:
Could i get a brandorlink?imvery interested, as i only feed bloodworms 2x a week, and thats when he eats (the whole cube practically)

They are Dainichi color fx baby chichlid sinking pellets. I feed about 10 pellets every night that I don't feed bloodworms.

FreshwaterTropical said:
They are Dainichi color fx baby chichlid sinking pellets. I feed about 10 pellets every night that I don't feed bloodworms.

10 pellets? Why so many? Do all the fish eat them too? Thanks for the link!

I had a peacock eel in my 125 he was a baby one day I came home and my jagwire though he was a worm and that was all she wrote :( rip eelly

Jesse18 said:
I had a peacock eel in my 125 he was a baby one day I came home and my jagwire though he was a worm and that was all she wrote :( rip eelly

Aw man, thats terrible. They are great fish...so do you buy the 2oz can of the pellets? I dont want to spend too much if he doesnt eat them.

Gboy66 said:
10 pellets? Why so many? Do all the fish eat them too? Thanks for the link!

They are tiny pellets and some of my other fish eat them too, so I feed ten and I figure that my eel will probably eat 4 pellets.
I bought the pellets in a bag. And the bag is still full of pellets after 3 months of owning my eel.

FreshwaterTropical said:
They are tiny pellets and some of my other fish eat them too, so I feed ten and I figure that my eel will probably eat 4 pellets.
I bought the pellets in a bag. And the bag is still full of pellets after 3 months of owning my eel.

Hm! 10 every night? Are you sure they like them? Does it say the oz on your bag? Haha thanks

Back
Top Bottom