Peacock eels in 40 gallon freshwater tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 to CG
Definitely looks like anubias, which you should be able to grow with practically any flourescent light.

If you do get some, try to go for younger looking ones with not too much of a root system, whenever I get adults it's a pain in my butt to do anything with them because they have so many thick roots

You can get tiger barbs which are schooling fish at least 4 in a group, knife fish are really cool, alot of types of pleco to choose from (they get huge) featherfin catfish, rainbow fish and cichlids are alot of the options you have. Make sure you don't overstock. I know it's hard to not add fish but use the rule in adding fish and you will be fine
is the rule 1inch of fish per gallon? i don't know which rule you are talking about.
also I like tiger barbs and the black ghost knife fish!

Tiger barbs tend to nip at anything that moves, black ghost knife get to big for a 40 gallon, and the inch per gallon is miss leading. You wouldn`t put a 10 inch oscar in a 10 gallon. Uf you like the black ghost knife, look up the african brown knife fish, they only get up 2 8 inchs.

Yep beware of "the rule." I first heard it when I went to petsmart, back when I had my 10 gallon, and they told me I could buy an oscar and keep it happily in that tank.

It was recommended that I get red line sharks 10-ish for my tank ( instead of tiger barbs) and I wanted to know if they would be ok. Also the same person thought that a leaf fish and tiger barbs would be ok and not harm the other fish.

I got the live gravel and sand from the fish store! It was in sale for $1 each 20 pound bag! (yay)

Red lines should be okay, don`t do ten becuse they max out at 4-5 inchs, 3-6 might be a better number. Leaf fish tend be skittish and are ambush hunters, so you might loose a few fish of they aren`t big enough. There also hiders. Tiger barbs are finicky, they attack and nip at almost anything, there fiesty little devils.

Back
Top Bottom