Pearl Fighter's colors.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wizard has almost always been a white with blush on him and I've had him for almost a year now. But, in the last week or so, he has been staying perfect white.

I know their colors can change for any number of reasons. His parameters are solid and there has been no great change other than I am here everyday, instead of checking on them every three-four days. Completely happy, active, and a little piggy as always. Tap is testing all zeros and his heater hasn't malfunctioned or anything.

Anyone have a correlation in a pearl fighter as to why they would lose their blush? I miss the pink. It probably is nothing to fret over, but just curious if anyone has found something in theirs.

Is it a possibility that they were juvie colours?

I'm just gonna go do some google searching and I'll reply with anything useful lol.

Guessing by fighter you mean Betta? Or?

Reading a few notes I had lying around from when I had a Betta I found one that said they lose colour if stressed?

I don't know of this is an option but it seems to be the most obvious answer to start with

Yea, pearl fighters are bettas.

They do lose their color if stressed. But, he is not a "stressed" white. He is a flat white. When I originally got him, he was under a ton of stress and was more of a translucent white. It's hard to explain, but I can tell the differences in white. haha. He normally had a blush on his belly, but it's disappeared.

The juvie thing might have something to do with it. He was around six months when I got him. Didn't think of that. Thanks you<3

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Yea, pearl fighters are bettas.

They do lose their color if stressed. But, he is not a "stressed" white. He is a flat white. When I originally got him, he was under a ton of stress and was more of a translucent white. It's hard to explain, but I can tell the differences in white. haha. He normally had a blush on his belly, but it's disappeared.

The juvie thing might have something to do with it. He was around six months when I got him. Didn't think of that. Thanks you<3

No problems lol.

And yea I get what you mean about the differences lol :)

Hey ! :) the stress thing they turn a very dull shade and a deep colored line runs thru their eye to base of tale what is probably happening is hormones has he ever made u a bubble nest ?

Nope, no lateral lines.

He has built nests in the past. He usually makes one about once a month that is quite large and then gives up until the next month. I guess he tires himself out or gets lazy.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Nope, no lateral lines.

He has built nests in the past. He usually makes one about once a month that is quite large and then gives up until the next month. I guess he tires himself out or gets lazy.

Could you snag a pic of him?

Many betta will change colors over their life regardless of conditions. Marbled bettas are particularly notorious for it.

Back
Top Bottom