pearl-scale goldfish, how big of a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpgmomma8404

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would having two pearlscale goldfish in a 20 gallon long be pushing it? I got a used 20 gallon long tank today and wondering what I could do with it. I was thinking about using it as a qt or maybe a back up tank if something happens to the 29 gallon but looking at those pearlscales got me wanting some.

Yes. The goldfish should be in a 40 brooder or 55 min. Keep in mind not olny to they grow large, goldfish have a huge bioload-They poop a lot. It makes the tank hard to maitain good water quality. You could get away with a 20L with an oranda.

Yes. The goldfish should be in a 40 brooder or 55 min. Keep in mind not olny to they grow large, goldfish have a huge bioload-They poop a lot. It makes the tank hard to maitain good water quality. You could get away with a 20L with an oranda.

I read that perals were the supposed to be the smallest of the fancy bunch and wondered if two would work in a 20 long but I kept getting mixed information. :blink: I thought oranda's got pretty big???

You'll find differing opinions, but I believe that a 20 gallon is the minimum acceptable tank size for a single fancy goldfish.

You'll find differing opinions, but I believe that a 20 gallon is the minimum acceptable tank size for a single fancy goldfish.

Okay, thanks! I'm probably going to ditch the idea for right now until I get something bigger.

Back
Top Bottom