Peoples opinions on the NoClean Aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Younger94

Aquarium Advice Newbie
If you've read any of my other posts your know that I've reintroduced myself to fish keeping. After a little explore for easy clean fish tanks (wanting the dream!), I quite quickly came across the NoClean Aquarium system. See my basic understanding was that there are very few fish that can be kept in this size tank and was wondering what the more established/experienced/expert fish keepers among you think.

Link to their site:
NoClean Aquariums - Home

I wouldn't put any fish in a jar....sorry. The fish won't have any stimulation, and water quantity will go up and down too much. Maybe a few cherry shrimp. But they might get sucked up, so you would want to put some sort of screen on the outtake.

I think its an interesting idea, I really think that it would not work very well. I would think no beneficial bacteria could build up. I enjoy cleaning my tank it's by no means relaxing but it's nice to take care of my fish so I don't find it a pain. Just like my cats no one likes scooping out litter but because I love my cats I do it.

Ya, but that's why they make those littler boxes that will wash and dry the litter automatically after every time the cat uses it!!! Hahaha. Some people just don't like to clean.

I have to agree with everyone else. I don't even think I would keep even shrimp in a tiny glass bottle with no filter or heater. IMO, this is a really awful (and cruel) idea.

Back
Top Bottom