Petco $1 a gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I get a 2.5 gallon for $2? Or us there like a ten gallon minimum for the sale?

Yea they have a minimum. I think it's 10 but I could be wrong.

May the force be with you.

I was hopin I could get some 2.5s for guppy breeding for $2.50. They cost the same as a ten gallon, which is dumb.

What brand is supposed to be on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I believe it's 10-55. Sucks cause I'm going to be in the market for a 90+ at some point.

I've bought both Aqueon and Tetra tanks on the $1.00/ gal sales so it might depend on where you are at.

I was told by the one by me a few months ago that they switched to tetra only. I would rather it was aqueon because I believe the center brace on aqueon is better. (if I remember right)

I was told by the one by me a few months ago that they switched to tetra only. I would rather it was aqueon because I believe the center brace on aqueon is better. (if I remember right)

The last time they did it by me, they had one aqueon 15 gal. It was not included in the sale, rest were tetra tanks.. don't really care for that brand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last time I bought a tank I really did not pay attention to tank brands.
Is there a preference?
If so, in what order (from most preferred to least preferred)?
Not wanting to incite a tank brand war here (if there is such a thing), just curious on presences.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Aqueon seem better built to me.. the tetra tanks I have/have purchased are sloppy in the seams and the panels are not perfectly aligned...and that whole tank cracking thing :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That might be the case. Not sure for sure. ;)
All I know is if there is a tank on my rack that's not from my local tank manufacturer 30 years ago, it was bought at a $1.00/gal sale at one of the 3 petco's I've gone to.
That being said, I have been testing and labeling all these tanks for actual amount of water in the tanks and I was a little surprised at the Tetra tanks. I have their 10 gal which holds about 9 gals of water,( not bad) but their 20 longs only held 16 gals. I wasn't very happy with that. With my local tanks, I got closer to 18 1/2- 19 gals. That, to me, is more reasonable. But I just bought out a fish breeder's room with 20 longs from manufactures such as O'dell, Aquatic Enterprises, Dolphin enterprises and others so we will see just how far off these Tetra tanks really are when I get them set up. (y)

Back
Top Bottom