petco dollar per gallon sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperGirl117

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know when petco is having their next dollar per gallon sale? All the fish tanks here are 75+ gallon tanks and that's too much for me. I don't have that much time to take care of something that big and the thought is overwhelming and daunting to be completely honest.

Does anyone know when petco is having their next dollar per gallon sale? All the fish tanks here are 75+ gallon tanks and that's too much for me. I don't have that much time to take care of something that big and the thought is overwhelming and daunting to be completely honest.

Most likely this summer. But, bigger tanks are so much easier to care for, and allow for many more fish! It's not as daunting as you think :)

Exactly, water changes may take a little longer but the overall tank is easier to maintain.

It is a thing petco does that you can buy 10,20,29,40,55 gallon tanks for $1 per gallon
Uhh, that's AWESOME!
I have a starter 10 gallon and am already itching to up-grade. I'll have to hold off and keep my eyes open for that sale. Thanks!

Will they advertise it or is it one of those things that you have to be there to find out? And when one store does it will all of them do it? Is it both online and in the store?

If you want anything bigger than a 29 you better get it at the next sale. By the end of the year most Petcos will not be carrying any tanks larger than that.

If you want anything bigger than a 29 you better get it at the next sale. By the end of the year most Petcos will not be carrying any tanks larger than that.

Will definitely be "stocking up" hubs wants a big saltwater tank and I am making him wait until we have the freshwater tanks figured out.

Wolfsblood said:

Good to know! I want to pick up a 55 and a 40 so I better catch this next sale! Now to just figure out how to fit both in my car...

Funny enough the more water you have the more easy a tank is to take care of

JumperGirl117 said:
Why? Everyone keeps telling me that but I don't understand why?

The larger the water volume, the more diluted your toxins will be (as long as the tank is properly stocked.) So it takes longer for conditions to go from ok to bad. You just have more room for error. In smaller tanks things can get bad a lot quicker.

The larger the water volume, the more diluted your toxins will be (as long as the tank is properly stocked.) So it takes longer for conditions to go from ok to bad. You just have more room for error. In smaller tanks things can get bad a lot quicker.

Doesn't that mean that if someone gets sick it will take me longer to see something is wrong?

Back
Top Bottom