Petco has bad cell phone signal on purpose!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearchumjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just went to petco and bought mondo grass. I tried to look it up online before I bought it but I can't get cell service in there and it takes forever. They do it on purpose! I just read it is not fully aquatic. So it will die. I'm taking it back!! Ugh!

Haha the same thing has happened to me 3 times when looking up medicine and fish requirements. But i just have bad service

tarpon said:
Haha the same thing has happened to me 3 times when looking up medicine and fish requirements. But i just have bad service

I'm sure they don't do it on purpose...

Anyway, they gladly exchanged it for a micro sword.

jetajockey said:
I don't think they do it on purpose. I don't think the mondo grass racket is really that profitable, lol.

Lol! I image standing in the center of the store surrounded by running fish tanks would interfere with the cell service. I guess I could have stepped outside to do a quick google... Oh well. I just need to not be an impulse buyer. I also bought some water wisteria. :)

Well if anything you could lecture them on selling semi-aquatics and how it's misleading to customers unless they are clearly labeled as such. It probably won't change anything since these stores all have it, but maybe that one store has a manager that cares.

jetajockey said:
Well if anything you could lecture them on selling semi-aquatics and how it's misleading to customers unless they are clearly labeled as such. It probably won't change anything since these stores all have it, but maybe that one store has a manager that cares.

When I told the guy the plant was semi aquatic he said "I know. These are the ones that are fully aquatic" and he went on to show me the Anubias, water wisteria, crypts, micro sword, and a few others. I was like wow. Why did you sell me that mondo grass then? They have to stock the store with what corporate tells them to. *sigh*

Well yeah, and semi aquatic is not what most people utilize, but there is still a market for it. Some people do tanks with semi aquatic plants, you just have to do it in a way to let them get out of the water. It'd just be nice if they labeled them clearly and appropriately so that beginners could easily see that they don't need to put it in a regular submersed planted tank.

jetajockey said:
Well yeah, and semi aquatic is not what most people utilize, but there is still a market for it. Some people do tanks with semi aquatic plants, you just have to do it in a way to let them get out of the water. It'd just be nice if they labeled them clearly and appropriately so that beginners could easily see that they don't need to put it in a regular submersed planted tank.

The thing that throws you off is they have the semi aquatic submerged in their aquatic plant and snail tank. So one would assume they are fully aquatic. Proper labeling and display would be most helpful. But at least we can quickly get on the Internet. Imagine how it was before Internet! I would have had to be in the library looking it up.

Back
Top Bottom