Petition For a 20 Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nils

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

I have recently found out that my LFS lied to me and sold me Cory catfish that will reach 3-4":(. And right now, they are stuck in a 10 gallon, and I don't want to sell them. So here's the deal. My mom won't even THINK about letting me have a 20 gallon so I can keep them. So I am asking my fellow fish loving friends to help me rise against the powers of M.O.M! (Motherly Overlord Master). Sign your name below, and give a reason why I should get a bigger tank! My M.O.M can't refuse that!

LETS GO FISHY FRIENDS!!! :thanks::thanks::thanks::lol::brows:

NILS

Sure why not. Evil Nick and Fab Fred from 6beersin

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bigger tanks are easier to maintain, and mom may enjoy the tank, put it where she wants it. I must admit, 20 longs are pretty hot tanks :brows:.- FWFishTanks

Sent from my iPad with a bandaid on my thumb

Tell mom you're sick of fish, you are now going to be a drummer in a metal band. She'll be real happy with a 20 gallon, reverse psychology. Start walking around with drum sticks, she may be up for a 55!

Motorcycle racing & base jumping will work the same way, there's plenty young folks can be involved with that make fishkeeping seem pretty tame. BTW signed, by a guy who's kids are grown & moved out, leaving plenty of room for aquatic gear.

Im also a kid, about 15 actually and aquariums are an awesome hobby to have. A 20 gallon tank really doesn't take up more room at all and it will keep your son entertained longer before he starts to ask for a bigger one! (y) -Dallascowboys16

Lol @ drum set

*Signs*

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah idk what people fobia of bigger thanks is? Like OMG you could potential have more fish which would mean more or larger water changes, but if you have the same amount of fish there is no real issue at all.

I'd get a 40 breeder lol but yeah a 20L is way better than the normal 20H's

but yeah a 20L is way better than the normal 20H's

Not necessarily. 20 highs are much better if you're stocking groups of multiple strata (e.g., hatchets/harlequins/corys). 20 long is the way to go if you're stocking species that need lots of lateral swimming space (e.g., danios) or bottom-dwellers that want a large footprint (e.g., dwarf cichlids).

My Mom can't refuse now!
Thanks guys, and keep it up! I am offering to do chores now, and remember, I am only 12, so maybe sky diving and base jumping aren't such a good idea. But it sounds awesome. Keep it up guys, I want all the help I can get!

Nils

is it money or just the tank she is worried about?

Hit up craigslist in your area and see if anyone is giving a tank away. You might be able to find someone willing to hand pretty much everything over.

It is absolutely necessary that this tank is purchased if housing bolivian rams. Larger water volume usually means more stable parameters. Do the right thing;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aquariums are a great educational experience for kids. You have to learn how to provide an eco balanced environment suitable to sustain life. Also, research must be done on each particular fish species in order to ensure proper feeding and co-habitation of tank mates. How can you become a marine biologist with only a 10 gallon tank.
(Mom of 8 year old daughter with her own 29 gallon and 3 gallon.)

Best of luck to you!

Haha lucky girl :). I hope my mom will let me get a 20 long, and 10 is just to small. My cories are going to get huge, I just learned that yesterday, and so my mom says once they get past 2.5", then we will think about it *Brainpower, activate* and with my mom, that almost always means yes! Keep up the reasons and signings, guys!

Nils

LOL, my mom and dad would laugh if that were the only thing on my christmas list. I will be 13 before Christmas, so I am sure there are things I can do that don't require some dude who enslaves reindeer and has diabetes to come and give me something I could go out and get with my moms permission. But I did think about that to.

Back
Top Bottom