Pets at home frozen food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all I've got some mollys and various tetras. I currently feed them on flakes.
Been into pets at home ( uk) and they've got various frozen cubed foods in and I was just wondering if any were suitable for my fish?
Thanks.

Ye most frozen is fine. Brineshrimp, bloodworms anything like that. just not large bits like muscles unless u av a plec or catfish they like the odd one.
Try live brineshrimp thats always good to watch.

Dragutter said:
Hi all I've got some mollys and various tetras. I currently feed them on flakes.
Been into pets at home ( uk) and they've got various frozen cubed foods in and I was just wondering if any were suitable for my fish?
Thanks.

Brine shrimp are good for small fish I use them some times for my guppies and they love them but don't just give them brine shrimp give them some flakes too because brine shrimp are more of a nutritional food and flakes are basically a filler. Think of brine shrimp as fruits and vegetables and flakes as junk food such as French fries hot dogs and chips!! Hope this helped you ;)

Thanks. Can't remember what did it was. What do tetras and mollys prefer??

Thanks. Can't remember what did it was. What do tetras and mollys prefer??

just try em out, you'd be surprised what they will like. Brine shrimp are a pretty sure bet. Flakes or pellets are a good staple but offering other substitutes will help round out their diet. Not just frozen foods but they will eat fresh veggies as well. Next time you have some peas or carrots with dinner offer them some. Just deshell the warm pea, let it cool and offer small bits. Just cook the carrots until mushy and offer small bits. Substitute a couple times a week with veggies or frozen options and feed flakes or pellets the other days.

Back
Top Bottom